Monday, October 20, 2008

The P90X lifestyle

Here is my workout update for those of you interested...

I got my P90X in the mail and decided to start last Thursday. I'm following the "classic" cycle. There are 6 workouts a week alternating between cardio based and weight training based. However, don't let the weight training base fool you- I was sweating and huffing/puffing just as much during those!

So, Thursday night I did just the AB Ripper to feel it out...and feel I did...I felt like I couldn't walk- was I sure it was ab ripper and not leg ripper?

I did chest and back on Friday..which is a circuit of tons of pushups and pullups ( I use bands for the pullups since I can't even do one yet!). It was a great workout and finished it off with AB Ripper X- a 15 minute ab workout I am to do 3 X a week.

Saturday: Plyometrics...a bunch of jumping and squatting and crying. Seriously. My thighs were burning in the warmup. I have to wonder if that is normal, but I am too afraid to ask! It took me back to college days when I was training...and made me appreciate the fact that I used to do things like this when I was aobut 30 pounds lighter- and I had to chuckle at some fun memories of all the throwers and Coach Babbitt working out in the UGA Gymnastics room...so fun!

Sunday: Shoulders and Arms and then Ab ripper

Monday: today, after Rody goes to sleep, I plan on doing Yoga X...which is a 90 minute workout!

It is definitely easier having Tony the Trainer yelling at me through the TV and allowing me to workout at home than trying to find time to drive 10 minutes to the YMCA...I can go out and walk/run from my house still, which is great, but I need a little guidance as far as the weight training is concerned...and interestly enough, I was the thinnest I have ever been when I was lifting the most (which seems to be backwards, but it was true for me).

I'm trying to follow the nutrition plan as best I can, and I've done a good job avoiding unnecessary sugar in my life...

I'll update more on this matter next week!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

I am very proud of you Katie...Don't worry Katie, Morgan is 3 and I still have about 20 pounds to lose from being pregnant with her (I gained 52 pounds...yes, you read it right - 52 pounds)! I gained 37 with Brogan and lost all of it before I got pregnant with Morgan but after Morgan it just seems like it is not going to come off. Good luck :).

Reeder Family said...

Good for you girl! I have a long way to go also with my baby weight! I have heard great things about P90X! Good luck!
Check out my blog - you have been tagged!