Sunday, October 26, 2008

7 months old today and lots of "new" things!

Rody is 7 months old today! He had a rough day at church...but you wouldn't know it from these photos!
He has had 3 "firsts" today!

1) Gumming a baby "cookie"...he got it all gooey and gross...thanks Grandma Kia! She brought him some really cool new toys which included a walker...I think we will get a lot of use out of it!




Trying to pick up those little crumbs is hard!







2) He cut his first tooth today! I woke him up from his nap and felt his little lower gums..and his lower right tooth cut through!





















Such a big boy! He has mastered pulling up on EVERYTHING in about 1 week and is officially crawling! He started crawling consistently on October 23rd...








Big boy outfit...so cute!

3) Church nursery...I brought him in about 1/2 way through service...they had about 15 babies and 2 workers in there, but I put him in a little walker and he was fine. We knew he was tired...I took my little card that says "Rody" on it and took note of the #49 in case it is flashed up on the screen during service.
I did well letting him be in the care of strangers for the first time, but it was so hard! Pastor was preaching and then all of the sudden, #49 flashed on the screen!
I immediately got up and went to the nursery to find Rody sans pants crying in the arms of the lady watching him...unconsolable. When he saw me, he cried harder! I put his pants on and they made the comment about his high pitched cry...which I can only imagine was distressing to people who are not used to it!
Oh well...we left church stressed and discouraged (and early) wondering if we are ever going to be able to go to church again...and hate that it falls right during his nap time...











2 comments:

morgan collins said...

he is so darn cute...but that cookie almost made me hurl:)
sorry about the rough day at church...I'm sure it'll get better with time...I mean surely by age 5 he'll be able to stay with strangers:)

Patti said...

Ok, he has got to be the cutest baby I have seen in a very long time. Just too cute! I love all the pics and all the funny things that he does.
Have a blast with him!