Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm desperate~

Okay. I'm desperate here. I have a 6 month old baby and still 20-25 pounds to LOSE! I guess I am one of those people who's weight does NOT just melt off when breastfeeding...I mean, come on.

So, I've decided to face reality wholeheartedly and I ordered P90X. I can say I am a little intimidated...and most physical workouts don't intimidate me. I mean, I trained for a 1/2 marathon when I could only run about 2 miles at the time...

Anyways, I have to complete a "fit test" to see if I am even able to start doing P90X. So, I looked at the fit test components...some of them are
1) a vertical jump of at least 3 inches...CHECK
2) be able to do at least 3 full pushups...CHECK
3) do jumping jacks for 2 minutes and then check your heart rate and make sure you are not about to die...CHECK
4) do at least one pullup...um, bump that, NOCHECK! How many females can do one full pullup? I would consider myself a fairly strong female, but I can't do a full pullup without assistance...

I still have some groundwork to lay before I officially begin, but I will let you know my progress because I know you are all interested in that!

I did the ab ripper X workout last night before I went to bed...interestingly, my hip flexors are more sore than my abs! UHH...

Just wanted to vent..

--K

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did a workout with Molly with modifications, of course. It was some combo of yoga, boxing & stuff.Good luck...it seems like a great program. Mom

The Watsons said...

I can so totally identify with your pain. I would love to be one of those people who leaves the hospital looking exactly like she did before she got pregnant. Not in my genes though...

You'll get it off before you know it. I've always been told that whatever weight you are still holding onto at the baby's first birthday is yours...not baby weight anymore. So, 25 pounds in six months is doable. Five pounds a month for five months and you totally make your goal early!

Good luck, sister! You can do this! And, just so you know, I think you look amazing in all your pictures. I'm pretty surprised that you feel you need to lose so much!

Katie said...

Katherine...I had to google P90X to find out what it was. YIKES You are a motiviated exerciser. Since I had to once counsel you to get you to eat a good ol' cheeseburger and to cut back on your cardio time at the Ramsey, I will tell you now again to not let this get you too worked up about a number on the scale. You eat healthy and exercise and your weight will come off with time. Love ya.

Laurin said...

Katers, you CRACK ME UP!!!!!! And I love you. :o)