Monday, September 1, 2008

I think he's catching on....

We headed to Chick-fil-A for lunch today. You can go and wear a college football jersey or item and get some of their new chicken strips for free! So, we dressed him up (Randy and I too) and got 3 packs of strips for free...yummy!
You still have time if you want yours...they are doing it until close all day today (Monday). Rody was quite the charmer in that place. He tends to draw a crowd!


Then, we got home and I've been working around the apartment and struggling to get him to go to sleep. He is SO tired, but just fighting it. This was crib time #1...I put him in there and went to do some things. I heard some noises and saw this...
How funny! He pulled down the bumper and was looking down the hall right at me.
I just sat on the floor by his crib and howled! It was such a funny moment! For a second there I thought he was going to try to pull up on the crib....make my heart stop!
Too funny...needless to say, he is sleeping now and I am blogging...go figure!
Another new post below

3 comments:

The Watsons said...

It is SOOOO funny that you posted this! Tyler pulled himself to a STANDING position in his crib at bedtime tonight (which made bedtime more like a circus). Since Rody is a big guy, too, he'll probably be doing the same thing before long. I can't even believe that he just started crawling last week and he's already figured out how to pull up. I wonder how long it will take him to learn to walk? I have a feeling I'm in big trouble with all this mobility!!

Oh, and we got the strips today, too! We were decked out in the Tennessee gear (not popular here in Texas Longhorn country)...too bad they stunk tonight.

V-n-J said...

we were looking at the pics and Javan says 'look mummy, Rowy. look mummy Brody' poor kid having to keep up with a Brody and a Rody. I didnt call you back Monday night cos we only got done with the garage at 8:30pm so we were tired!

Patti said...

HA! What a happy baby!
Katie, enjoy these days as much as you can. Eric is 13, PJ is 9. They love me dearly and I love them, but I can't hold them nearly as much as I want to.
I loved holding them when they were babies, didn't want to look around, just snuggle in my arms and go to sleep.
I miss those days, but I have so much to look forward to, and so do you and Randy.