Sunday, September 14, 2008

Angel Food Ministries

WOW! For all you families on a budget out there, I found an incredible deal! Go to angelfoodministries.com and check this out:

They have a monthly menu- a bag of food enough to feed a family of 4 for 1 week. It would cost you $65 in a grocery store, but you can order it for $30! It is not "second hand" food or knock off brands- but high quality food! I just couldn't believe it. You don't have to apply or meet qualifications (like food stamps) in order to receive it. There are thousands of pick up places (mostly churches), so you can search your zip code and find out where you can pick it up.

Basically, you just order the bag (you can order more than 1 as well), choose any "extras you want"...for example, we ordered a meat package for $20.00 and a fruit/vegetable bag for $19.00, and then give them either a debit or credit card number. Then, the pickup date will be about 2 weeks later!

Today, September 14th, is the last day to order for September and the pick up this month is September 27th! You can order each month. I am super pumped about this and wanted to share it with the blogging world! At least check out the website...I think this is an incredible deal.

This is my first month of ordering, so I am excited to see how this will work out.

I already checked out following locations for people I know that read this blog!
Greenville, SC- lots of locations with a few in Travelers Rest- the baptist church and TR COG.
Braselton- Zion Baptist Church
Roxboro- Roxboro COG

Everybody check it out!

Oh, and there is a specialty package that comes with 5 prepared meals. We wanted that one, but it was sold out- I'll try that next month!

3 comments:

V-n-J said...

did you find this on funandfrugal? i saw it there and wanted to order it. tell me what you think of your order - i just might do it next month!

shea said...

I have friends who use this and seem to really like it. I think they've only received a few items that they didn't care for, but the rest has been good for them. Thanks for reminding me!

Ginger H said...

Our church is also a location for Angel Food Ministries!!