Thursday, September 4, 2008

I don't mean to get "political"

I am becoming more politically aware with age...not that I didn't care before, but something about having a baby and realizing that he (Lord willing) will be around much longer than me makes me want this world to be the best place it can be.

I stayed up 1 hour past my bedtime last night to hear Sarah Palin make her speech. I was thrilled. She did a great job and I think was an excellent choice for McCain's VP. To be honest, I was not that fired up that McCain was the GOP's choice, but I will vote for him because of many reasons, one of which is that I don't like the other choice.

I was listening to the AM radio on Sunday evening while driving back from SC. Jill Stanek was being intervied. I have posted a link on my "friends with blogs" list...please check her out. She is an anti-abortion advocate and former nurse with an incredilbe story. She is uncovering Obama's lies about his views, etc. on abortion.

And I'm sorry...stances on abortion, marriage, and moral issues is my #1 reason why I vote. Marriage is the foundation of America. If it is compromised, then America will be compromised. We must keep it as God intended it. And don't get me started on abortion...It will be a glorious day when the Lord comes back and we meet him in the air and see the host of babies who never got the chance to live. One comforting thought is that heaven is all they will ever know. If only we were so lucky.

We must stand up, stand strong, and fight for our country.

I think I just completed my first "soap box" blog....

3 comments:

kristymasterson said...

That verse from Lamentations so reminds me of you. I was just praying it in the park on a walk last week and thought "katie mccoy taught me that verse!" love to you!

Katie said...

Palin Power! Amen. As Christians we need to stand up for what we believe in and who we believe in this election. And our young generation needs to get involved! Obama is all the buzz right now. You can get the NObama bumper stickers at www.nobama.com

The Jacobs Family said...

Amen sister, never apologize for your beliefs and standing up for our Lord.