Sunday, November 16, 2008

You never know...

...when you're going to have the opportunity to make a total fool of yourself. I had one of those today, and thankfully I didn't completely make a fool of myself- only a little bit.
So, we are driving on I-75 North back home from church...and we pass this huge RV/bus vehicle painted up with Dan Evans...Biggest Loser....and things like that. As we drive past it in the right lane, I look over and see that the person driving the bus is Dan's mom- Jackie...from the biggest loser.
Well, this revelation was just enough to send me into a fit and freak out like I had just seen the coolest person in the world... I start hitting Randy and saying "did you see her? Do you know who that is? That is Dan and his mom from the biggest loser!"
I'm telling Randy to slow down, pull over, all sorts of things- he thinks I have totally lost it...and the bus pulls in behind us. So, I turn around in the car and just start waving to Jackie...and she smiles and waves back..just enough to fuel my fire!
Sadly, they went out of veiw behind a transfer truck that was behind us. I kept my eye on them and saw that they got off on exit 20...and our exit is 25. I'm telling Randy to turn around on the interstate because I want to go meet them...
But, we don't have our camera...so I am so sad...and then start thinking what will I say? What will I do? Do I just go up to their bus and knock on the door? I can't even remember the mom's name...(I found out just a minute ago when I google it)...
We got home and I loooked up Dan Evans...and he is releasing a country music album and will be in Knoxville, TN tonight at Best Buy for a signing...so they were on their way to Knoxville...
I mean, I was just 1 exit away from making a total fool of myself! I started to roll down the window as we were passing them...to do God knows what...I mean, I was just a freak out emotional crazy person..over 2 people on the biggest loser.
Lord help us if I ever run into anyone REALLY famous like Jennifer Aniston or Oprah or something...
I just had to share...and here are some photos of them. Just think- they pulled over on exit 20 in Cleveland, TN to get gas or eat or something- just 5 miles from me!
HOW COOL!
And, if we would have had our camera and if Randy had enough gumption to make a u-turn on I-75...then this post would have been WAY more embarassing!

Dan
Jackie- the woman driving the bus!

The new album!



5 comments:

The Watsons said...

I would have acted the same way! I loved them on that show!! "The Biggest Loser" is my reality show of choice, and I unabashedly tune in regularly...it's the best!

Reeder Family said...

I probably would have been the same way as well! I loved them on the show! How fun!

Katie said...

KT, hilarious! Remember our dance to Dixieland Delight? I went back stage with those guys a few years ago and actually I starting saying at one point "hey my roommate from georgia and I made up a dance to Dixieland Delight in our dorm room..." As the words left my mouth I sounded so dumb that my voice just faded out and I don't anyone actually heard me or at least they pretended not to.

morgan collins said...

that's hilarious...but I'm glad you only kinda made a fool out of yourself:)

Katie B said...

I'm so glad so many of you can sympathize with my craziness! LOL