Monday, November 24, 2008

Unexpected kisses

Rody is learning how to give kisses. It is so precious...he did it for the first time last week when I got home from work. He grabbed my hair and layed a wet one on me...he doesn't quite understand the whole "keep your mouth closed thing" yet, but I'm not worried!

Anyways, he will give kisses when you ask, but I've had the joy of experiencing some "unexpected kisses" the last couple of days.

We were in church on Sunday and I was singing the praise and worship song. I was also holding Rody. I had my eyes shut and we were signing a popular praise and worship song about all the glory and honor belonging to God. As I was singing, my mouth got covered up in a wet kiss...I guess Rody felt led to lay one on his mommy as she praised the Lord...it was quite unexpected and so cute.

This morning I went in to feed Rody his early morning feeding before I left for work. I love these moments...we are the only ones up and he is really sleepy and just wants his mama. After I fed him, I stood up to burp him. We were in the darkness and calmness of his room and he got real close to me and came in for a kiss...It just melted my heart! To top that off, he then layed his head on my shoulder...melted my heart even more...

I started to think of spiritual implications of this. When have you (me) given God an "unexpected kiss"? I'm sure God expects us to worship Him and praise Him in church...that is not unexpected, but think about the joy He feels when His children unexpectedly express their love for Him? I can understand in some way the joy that God feels when His children express their love because of the joy I feel when Rody expresses his love for me.

Challenging you to give the Lord an "unexpected" gesture of your love today,

Katie

1 comment:

V-n-J said...

Beautiful post Katie.