Sunday, November 9, 2008

I like the leaves

We like the fall colors...so we took a drive this Sunday afternoon to look at the trees.
Rody seemed to think they tasted good
He is saying "please don't leaf me here, I'm cold!"
I love to get under a big Maple tree like this, look up, and wonder...so pretty, so simple, so creative!


I love trees...scientifically, they take away bad CO2 and produce good O2! They start from a small seed and become these large, beautiful, living organisms! (yes, trees ARE living...)
Just so cool how you and I started as a tiny seed...or cell...and how from that one cell, it reproduces and produces more cells and more cells and then you have a little baby like Rody...I saw Rody's heart beat at 6 weeks gestation....6 weeks! That is before many people even know they are pregnant. And it was beautiful...and I saw the potential and sanctity of that little heart beat- similar to how you can see a small seed and realize what it will become once you place it in the right soil.
Life, all life, is beautiful, fragile, sacred.
And I was reminded of this when I stepped underneath this magnificant maple tree in our front yard. God is cool like that

4 comments:

V-n-J said...

Katie - I got your msg too late and we got home from the party about 6pm and then went right out again. So sorry I didnt call you back. I was going to do that this afternoon and I ended up nursing a major headache. You're probably getting ready for bed now so I'll call you t'row. We were driving by the trees near our house and Friday's rain washed most of them off but there's still a great picture spot - let me know if you want to get some pics of Rody out there - its really pretty!

The Watsons said...

Those are such beautiful leaves!! I SOOO miss home at this time of year. We barely have any trees in our part of Texas, so there's really no "signal" that fall has arrived. Heck, it's not even cool outside yet. I'll be glad to move back east, even if I'll be buried in snow the next couple of years!!

I love your comments about the fragility of life. I appreciate it so much more now that I'm a mom, as you can understand. I remember my first ultrasound when they told me Tyler was 1 cm. I just laughed about it then, but when that one centimeter was put in my arms as an 8 pound, 5 ounce baby boy, I melted. I don't think I've ever cried so deeply and in such amazement. God's glory is beautiful!

Stacy said...

Katie those leaves are beautiful...great pictures! Those would be pretty as a backdrop for Christmas pictures :).

Katie said...

Awesome pictures and commentary from your science teacher, Christian mom perspective. We need to come visit you sometime in the fall. Love the southern fall season. Our leaves are long gone. Miss and love ya KT.