Thursday, March 5, 2009

Randomness

Ok...these are just some things on my mind...seriously, I need some help!
  • I am so sick of my blog background...and I don't fancy any of the free ones. Does anyone know how much it would cost to get my blog "pimped" or "customized"??
  • How cool would it be to have a show called "Pimp my blog?"
  • I have spring fever...
  • I am no spring chicken anymore...30 is hitting me quickly
  • I think Rody and I are done breastfeeding...he is over 11 months old (which was my goal) and it just feels like time to stop...any suggestions on how to wean him in that regard? I ended up feeding him early this morning b/c I had so much backed up...but I am not pumping anymore
  • This makes me a little sad and a little relieved. Honestly, breastfeeding is great and I loved it, but it has been a challenge since early December...I am proud of myself for continuing through the tough times though
  • Have you ever had anything bite your nipple really hard? I mean really hard? That is not something I will miss
  • My girls are in a class right now--does this make me a bad teacher?
  • They are doing some "silent reading" time...I'm about to give back a test
  • I need a vacation- Fripp Island here we come! (In like 3 months, but I can start the countdown)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have so many comments to add to your thoughts that I can't add them all right now. I have seen blog design "deals" for $40-50 so I still go for the free ones. Way to go on nursing until 11 months. It is a long hard road with working, pumping and keep it all going. You have given an awesome gift to your son. Within 5 days, you'll start to go down with milk supply. Use ace bandage to hold it in, don't take hot showers, use ice packs, etc. It was hard for me to stop but my baby girl was bored with it at 9 months so I knew it was time. Take care KT. Love ya.

V-n-J said...

No ideas on the blog backgrounds - i'm too cheap to pay for one so no help there!

as far as the weaning goes - I'm like you I quit pumping when he was 11mths old and then started dropping feedings one at a time. He wasn't ready to be completely weaned (even though I tried so hard) so I eventually just took it easy and we did morning and evenings for a couple of months until he was done. Just take it slow and drop one feeding a week.