Saturday, February 6, 2010

Home Sweet Home

After 3 nights in the hospital, we finally got to come home on Wednesday morning. I was so ready for my own bed. Randy and I actually switched beds on Tuesday night- I slept on the couch and he slept in the hospital bed! When Dr. C came in Wednesday morning, he saw Randy in the bed and asked me if I'd like for him to check Randy's cervix..I just had to laugh...
Anna Kate in her car seat! If you are wondering, Grandma Kia made her carseat cover

Here she is ready to go home

Rody welcoming his sister home

Randy's parents were caring for Rody the last two days we were in the hospital, so they were also there when we came home
We took Anna Kate for her first pediatrician visit Thursday morning...
It was definitely a challenge going out with 2 little ones
Dr. Crabtree said she is looking great! She weighed 8lbs. 2oz which is up from her discharge weight of 7lbs. 14 oz...hence, my milk had started to come in on Thursday...and today (Saturday) it is in FULL force...yes, full force...
She is opening her eyes more and more each day

Grandma Kia has spent the last 3 days with us
Anna Kate has slept amazing well the last two nights...on Thursday night, I had a 5 hour stretch of sleep and last night was even more...I had to wake her up at 8:30 to feed her...not sure if that will last, but it has been a nice treat!
We took these photos this morning when she woke up...she is just adorable!
My mom got all these headbands from briar.claire (an etsy sight)

And Rody has been having a lot of fun with Grandma Kia..they've colored pictures, made some brownie pops, and have had many tea parties...
He loves to put the cold milk in the hot tea, then add sugar...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Anna Kate is so pretty. Glad you are enjoying time at home now. I love the car seat cover!

The Watsons said...

That car seat cover is beautiful! She ought to be selling those things!

Anna Kate is so pretty...y'all are ALMOST giving me baby fever. But, my hands are too full already!

I'm so happy things are going well. Hang in there!

V-n-J said...

she is so pretty! can't wait to see her again. and doesnt Rody look so grown up now?

your mom is so talented. i might need to commission her for something (i'm serious!). btw I love how she always has an apron on. thats so cute.

Katie said...

Oh one more comment from me rather than call to tell you this...I was doing laundry last night and I have many matching outfits for our girls. I found myself thinking "Oh I hope Anna Kate gets a sister sooner than later so two more sisters can share these clothes!" Seriously I was planning out your next child for you. Days after having a baby that would be the last think you need right now. Thinking of you. Love ya.