Monday, February 15, 2010

Anna Kate 2 weeks old

Caleb came up for the day on Sunday. He is Anna Kate's first aunt or uncle to meet her!


Anna Kate is two weeks old today! It is crazy to think about for me...I'm still feeling remarkably well for 2 weeks out and she is still sleeping great at night! I think she would sleep a straight 8 hours at night if I would let her. I set my alarm at about the 5.5-6 hour mark for her first in the night feeding...then she will sleep another 4 hour stretch before we start her day feedings of every 3 hours or so...






Sunday was also our first time back to church in two weeks. It was definitely different trying to get ourselves ready and two children...we had 2 kids and about 4 different bags/purses that we carried around...it was quite an ordeal. But, we made it to church on time and Anna Kate did great...I had to slip out just as the sermon was starting to feed her, but I was not alone in the nursing mom's room--there were about 4 other ladies with their infants in there with me....
And our "almost" two year old boy...he is still just 22 months...I don't want it to speed up at all. He is speaking in sentences now and definitely expresses what he wants. He loves to play with his cars, blocks, and trains. He also loves playing in his fire truck. He gives the moose, duck, and bear rides in his fire truck...He is so sweet to Anna Kate as well..always giving her kisses and hugs. He wants to make sure she always has her blanket and paci as well. He is also a good helper in that he throws away some of her diapers for me...he loves to put anything in the "uck" as he says. It is definitely a challenge to balance my time on two children. And Rody takes advantage of the times that I am feeding Anna Kate to try to "test" us...we're working on it. He is just so sweet and getting more independent (which makes me kinda sad...)
He is still a great sleeper...which helps me get more sleep too! He loves to get underneath his two blankets and "bear" as he calls it...

And here are some pics of his craft time with Grandma Kia...



1 comment:

Katie said...

I love seeing Anna Kate in the pink sleeper!