Monday, May 11, 2009

Doing my part to save the world

I am excited. I've wanted to cloth diaper for a while, but honestly we did not make it a priority to shell out the initial costs of the diapers. But, praise the Lord, my friend that I teach with gave me her ENTIRE stash of diapers, liners, and water proof covers! I am totally pumped!!! We have literally like 30 diapers...which is incredible!


Rody doesn't know the difference...but I think he likes them!
I've changed his room around a little bit...I bought these letters at Hobby Lobby for $1 each and then painted them black to match the room...


And we moved the crib away from the window and in the back of the room to avoid the hallway light...and we had to hang the pictures MUCH higher this time...so as to avoid Rody banging on them and pulling them into his crib...

And, here is a cute little video of today. He is saying "yum" when eating dinner...He is a total table food eater now. We do buy the gerber toddler meals for when we are in a bind, but he basically eats what we eat now...which is much easier...and this boy loves water! That is all he drinks- no juice--and we still can't get him to drink milk from a sippy cup...sigh....

And have I mentioned that I teach AND coach? I don't really talk about work much on here, but I am in the tail end of a coaching season...I'm just glad I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I coach the throwers on the GPS track team (check out my school - an all-girls private school in Chattanooga, TN...website is www.gps.edu)

Anyways, tomorrow is a big day- STATE qualifying for the field events. I have three shot putters ranked 1, 2, and 3 in the region and 3 discus throwers ranked 1, 3, 5 in the region...GO BRUISERS!!!

2 comments:

Randomly Royce said...

I have a friend who diapers her children in cloth. http://welltrying.wordpress.com/
You might find some good tips from her blog. Whenever she can she blogs about cloth diapers.
Have a great day!

V-n-J said...

aaaahh that video is too cute! and dont worry about the milk - he'll get the hang of it eventually. It took Javan a while to drink milk out of a sippy but he too had no problem with water.

and kudos to you for cloth diapering ... you're too good!