Sunday, April 26, 2009

Thomas the Train

I have been flying solo this weekend because Randy has been in Virginia on a job interview. The timing never seems right when things like this happen--I've been sick and had a long week of track meets and a class trip to Dollywood- getting home late- and then Randy left Saturday at 4am and won't get back until after midnight on Sunday. So, I had Rody all to myself--all to my sick self--and seemingly getting sick Rody...
_________________________________
I decided to go to the walk-in clinic on Saturday morning to get looked at. So, I left Rody with Jerry and Oscar (Did I already tell you this in my previous post? I can't remember)..anyways...laryngitis/bronchitis and a steroid shot was what I got for that. And it has been hot as blazes here! 90 degrees on Saturday and Sunday--it was struggling to get to 70 just last week!
__________________________________
Our friends Bethany and Eric and their two boys had an extra ticket to go see Thomas the Train (which is great- because they were about 20 bucks a pop), so I thankfully took them up on their offer...Rody is not into Thomas yet--but I saw a glimpse into my world for the next few years...lots of 3-4 year old kids with crazy parents buying $8 balloons! I'm sorry...but I'll just go buy Rody one for a $1 at bi-lo...
__________________________________
Anyways, here are some pics documenting our sweltering afternoon in the hot sun enjoying Thomas the Train!
It was a good thing I remembered a stroller and sunscreen. For some reason I did not know it was going to be outside??!!
Ah, a petting zoo. Be careful of those horns, son.
Ah, and the train ride. That's Elijah and James in the background having a lovely time...and in the front...enough said!


Can you say "Choo Choo?"

And to document Rody's first encounter with Thomas at 13 months...

A good time was had by all...Randy, are you coming home soon?

1 comment:

Livin' Mi Vida Loca said...

crazy! we were there on saturday!
and yes, those $8 balloons made me laugh (or gasp!), too! almost as much as the $7 they wanted for a hamburger and chips!
and just wait until rody's older...harris LOVED every second of it!!!