Thursday, May 29, 2008

We've got a big boy!

Rody had his 2 month check up yesterday. Randy and I were both interested to see what he is weighing these days...and we were both underestimating the weight of baby fat! He is a hefty 13 lbs. 10 oz. at 9 weeks old! and he is 24 inches long. WOW! He is getting so big.

So, I was curious and asked the doctor if it is possible that I could be overfeeding him (didn't know if that could happen when breastfeeding). He looked at me and was like "uh, yeah, does he spit up a lot?" My response; "Um, yeah, he does". OOPS... He said most babies his age eat around 3 oz. at a meal and Rody is averaging like 5-7 oz. a meal. I mean I think he would just get enough with 3 oz. to make him mad--no way that boy would be satisfied.

Rody got some shots yesterday- which was horrible- I hate seeing our baby in pain. It is pitiful and I would do anything to make the pain my own and not his ( I totally understand this now as a parent). Needless to say he was quite fussy and tired last night. I must have been dreaming hard because all my dreams were of Rody spitting up a ton because I was over feeding him and him getting hurt (probably because of the shots, etc).

I cried when I left him and Randy this morning...it was so hard. Keep praying that the Lord would provide a way for me to just be a mommy for a few years!

We will post some pics in the next couple of days!

--Katie

2 comments:

franklins said...

HEY! HAPPY GRADUATION, RANDY! I'M SO PROUD OF YOU. A MASTER'S DEGREE, WOW! I ALWAYS KNEW YOU COULD DO IT. I WON'T BE ABLE TO MAKE YOUR GRADUATION, BUT KNOW THAT I'M THINKING OF YOU AND I LOVE YOU. RODY IS GROWING BIGGER AND CUTER EVERYDAY. HE'S GOING TO BE HALF GROWN BEFORE I EVEN MEET HIM.

LOVE,
ANGEL

KatieMGreen said...

i know those shots are terrible!!!!!!!!! It gets a little better though. I hope he's feeling good and that you guys are doing great!