Thursday, January 28, 2010

Random

I've had the best intentions of blogging lately, but it just hasn't happened yet. And this really isn't what I intended my next post to be...but here are blog posts in my mind that I have yet to really post...

1) Rody poo-pooed in the potty for the first time on his 22month birthday! He has been pee-peeing for a couple months now (nothing consistent), but we got a picture of his first poop with him standing by it and I will post that soon. He is probably ready for the all-out potty training, but to be honest, we're not yet! I figured with a new baby coming that we would just wait and maybe start sometime in March...
Oh, and his face is priceless anytime he pees just a little bit...I need to capture that on camera...then he shouts "em em" (for m&m)

2) I pulled some sort of muscle in my back earlier this week while playing Randy in ping pong. Yes, I know, smart move on my part. I'm wanting an epidural right now just to alleviate that pain. But, don't worry, I beat him 1 game out of 2.

3) I'm a big girl now because I signed up for my first ever Blockbuster card! Whoo hoo...and guess what...when it is your first time with a card in your name, then you get 30 days of free rentals...do you hear my people? 30 days..unlimited...wow...just in time for those hours of breastfeeding I will be doing. So far we've rented "My sister's keeper", "Transformers" ( I did not watch this one) and Madden 2010...you can guess who that is for. I have on my list to rent some TV series that I have not watched yet.. like the rent of Band of Brothers on my list and start 24 from the beginning...what a deal.

4) Rody's nightly routine. He is just precious. We give him a bath with bubbles...he loves it...then we give him some milk and read some books. He is getting choosey on his books lately and will just say "no" if I pull out a book he doesn't like. This week, he is hooked on "The three little bears" and a book my mom got him with real pictures of deer and animals. He loves to say "papa bear and mama bear" when I read the bears book...I get a kick out of watching his face. Then, we'll say prayers all together and I usually rock him for about 10 minutes. When I stop rocking him, he will say "rock, mama, jesus, please"...which means he wants me to keep rocking him and sing "Jesus loves me"....I can't really sing any other song these days without getting through it halfway before he says "jesus" which means he wants me to sing JLM again...and he is repeating it after me now- I need to get that on film as well

5) In his ever expanding vocabulary, some of Rody's word sounds a little vulgar. Not sure what to do about it...for example, "truck" sound like truck with an "F" in front of it...do I need to explain more? The other day, Randy took him to walmart and when they got out of the car, Rody starting shouting "truck, truck, truck" which sounded like you know what...and randy said all these older people started giving him looks, etc. And when randy tried to correct his speech, with emphasizing "no, rody, tttt truck"...then rody would say "ttt..truck (but still use the f sound for truck)...and if you know Rody, then you know the boy has some pipes. When he gets excited about something, he will let you know with the gradual rise of his voice volume until you repeat the word and acknowledge it. We are just hoping that his "truck" word didnt' come out in the church nursery on sunday... ha ha right. So, last night as we drove to blockbuster to pick out another free movie, when rody said "truck" we just said "yes, baby, that's a truck"...and we'll just hope that his t's start to sound like t's instead of f's....

Y'all have a good day.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hilarious...that Rody is quite a boy! Miss you and praying for you.