Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Like waiting for water to boil

I'm chuckling to myself at the cleverness of my post title. You probably wouldn't find it funny. But since Randy and I had an in depth conversation this weekend on similies and metaphors, I had to bring some of my "old found" knowledge out---knowledge that I guess I forgot from high school, but Randy clearly remembered...

____________________________________

So, waiting for my body to go into labor is like waiting for water to boil. I saw Dr. C on Monday. I am now 3cm and still 60% effaced. He said I could go anyday or it still may be a while. That is the update. I have an appointment Monday--if I don't have the baby before then---

____________________________________

I've been feverishly getting maternity leave plans together for the lady who is covering my classes. We've met a few times at school as well. She will do a good job with the girls...

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Katie said...

So exciting!!! Keep me posted. Now every time I am waiting for water to boil I am going to be thinking and praying for you and a safe (and soon) arrival of Baby Girl Barnett!