Monday, January 4, 2010

35 weeks 2 Days

I had my 35 w 2 d appointment today and everything went well. Randy and Rody came with me to the doctor since I had the day off. We first got an ultrasound and realized our prayers had been answered! Baby girl is head down...as Rody would say, "Allelujah!"....her head is nice and snug in my pelvis and I'm praying it will stay that way...
We actually got to see somewhat of a profile view...the tech commented on her chubby cheeks and said she has a lot of hair! I had dark hair when I was born, but it all fell out in the first 2 months and then grew back blonde...maybe baby girl will be the same way! Rody had hardly any hair when he was born...just very light blonde hair, but you couldn't really tell. She is also measuring at 6lbs. 15 ounces and is measuring at 37 weeks...as Dr. Childs says, " I grow 'em big"...ha ha....
I'm at weekly appointments now and he is checking to see if I am dilated now as well...

I start back to work tomorrow which will make these last 4 weeks go by quickly I'm sure....

Rody doesn't seem to be feeling well today. He feels like he has a fever and is sleeping a TON! He fell asleep on Randy at the doctor today and fell asleep on me before I gave him a bath tonight...you know he is not feeling well when he does that. He also hardly ate anything today :( We are praying that the Lord would touch him and that this is nothing serious...

We are slowing unpacking, doing laundry, etc since getting home last night from a 12 night road trip! It was fun, but I was so glad to be back in my own bed...it was lovely to sleep 12 hours last night--I hadn't slept well at all while we traveled.

3 comments:

KatieMGreen said...

sorry i hadn't wrote since your comment/question about 2.
it's crazy, just being honest. :)
but it's fun, too.
It's funny - because you are less stressed about the baby the second time around, but more stressed b/c you throw in having a toddler.
it's a day by day thing! :)
but such joy!!
you'll do great!!!!!!

The Watsons said...

I can't believe the time is almost here! Hooray! You are going to love having a boy and a girl. It's so neat and so much fun! Get some extra rest when you can. Your hands are about to be FULL!!

Katie said...

Exciting that baby girl turned and what an answer to prayer. We are anxious for your news. Rest up.