Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween 2010

Halloween 2010 will always be remembered. It will be remembered for many reasons, but one is especially funny. So, there was all this confusion on which night halloween would be celebrated since it fell on a Sunday. Some places were doing Saturday, some Sunday. Back in September, I saw in the paper that the annual Cleveland Block Party was going to fall on Saturday, October 30th. I even showed this to Randy and his parents since they always come up for Halloween...they love it.
So, we all get dressed up on Saturday...relectantly on my part...and leave for the block party...see us here all dressed up?
For lack of inspiration, I was again a nun this year...just not a pregnant one this time :)


Well, we drove towards town and noticed how empty it looked...we kept driving..and driving....and then realized that we were the only crazy people dressed in costumes looking for a party that was not happening that night. sigh.
So we laughed and went back home to catch the end of the Georgia/Florida game...which we just shouldn't have watched anyway...and called it a night.
I was again reluctant to venture out on Sunday night, but did it for the kids
See...aren't they cute? There is one hotspot in town...in the historic district...that hundreds of people go to in order to trick-or-treat. So, we loaded up the wagon and joined the masses
Anna Kate...sweet bumble bee stayed close to me in the wagon..enjoying watching people...as long as they didn't get too close
While Rody stood in lines (yes, lines for trick-or-treating) to get some, in my opinion, not so good candy....but candy he likes..the dumdum lollipops!
These houses really go all out with fun decorations. I enjoyed looking at them

Our train conductor liked them as well

Having fun yet?

It was fun, but Randy and both agreed that we will do things differently next year. It seems like young girls and some older ones think Halloween is an excuse to dress like a hooker...seriously...and I've never been around so many people that smoke in all my life....it was crazy...
But, all in all it was a delightful evening. Everyone had a fun time and we made memories for us and our kids. I like looking back at pictures of my childhood, dressed up in Halloween costumes. My parents made it fun for us and we hope to continue that tradition!

1 comment:

V-n-J said...

hahhaaa! too funny about Saturday! oh and we thought the same thing about the block party and even centenary. I told J smoking needs to be prohibited at events. It honestly made me so nauseus. glad you all had a fun time with Randy's folks ... love that you guys all dress up:)