Sunday, November 22, 2009

What a day!

I thought the rain was going to keep me from driving 2 hours to grant park to the gathering...I was honestly not going to go, but then knew I would regret it had I not gone...and I guess I was so excited that I forgot my jacket--because I was freezing...talk about a cold, wet day!
I opted to leave Rody at home with Randy- which was good. I would have been chasing him around that pavilion in the freezing cold the whole time. I enjoyed myself and I am SO glad I went!!! I told Randy that there were many guys who came with their wives...I was actually surprised how many guys did come. I would say there were around 50-60 people there at the max. I think the weather probably hindered some people's plans...
I met Melissa Reeder there ( I had not seen her since high school!) and we actually got there around 2:30 (30 minutes early) which worked out great because we got to talk to Jennifer (Mckmama) more that way! And she was just how I would have imagined...only shorter than I imagined her...but, very friendly and warm and kind. I really felt like I was getting together with a friend I hadn't seen in a while...
And here my pics, in no particular order...
PC (her husband) holding their two youngest...small fry and Stellan
Everyone brought some food or drink to share...I thought this cookie cake was nice...Welcome to Georgia MckMama!

Seeing Stellan with his mama was so cool! PC had all the kids at the Zoo in the park when we arrived, so we saw them come in...Sweet Stellan! He was so laid back and went to anyone and everyone...actually, all of the mckids were easy going and very social...I loved being able to hold Stellan and see him so healthy and happy...praise the Lord!

and yes, my parents actually stopped by. My mom happened to be picking up my dad at the airport and grant park was right on their way home. My mom reads her blog (my dad doesn't), but it didn't matter...they fit right in!
Stellan liked playing with grandma kia's necklace!
Melissa and small fry...Melissa actually gave Mckmama the idea of the name "stellan"...she started reading the blog before mckmama was a household name and when she only got like 10 comments on her posts (really??!)...so it was fun for them to actually meet!
me and mckmama! So fun to meet her!!!
Melissa...old high school buds...so good to see her and catch up! *hi melissa*

the mckfamily coming in...in the rain and cold!

here is mcnugget...her 2nd born...and big mac is behind him...her 1st born!
And small fry..#3 and the only girl of the family! She was a doll!
Overall it was a great day. The 4 hours of drive time was totally worth it. I am so glad that I went and got to meet her family...and a lot of other bloggers that live nearby!

4 comments:

The Watsons said...

Ahhhhhh!!! I am so excited that y'all got to meet them!! I am, literally, feeling my heart race...it's like you met a HUGE celebrity today!! I LOVE the fact that you got to hold Stellan--how awesome is that?? Oh my goodness...I SO would have been there with y'all, rain or no rain. Thanks for putting up the pictures. I could hardly wait! Now, I am anxious to see Melissa's. I hope she posts her pictures soon, too!

What a spectacular day! So glad you got to go!

Katie said...

I love that you went Katie! Fun fun fun. And you look great! I'm anxious to hear more about. How many people were there?

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

It was nice to meet you. I've loved looking through Google for other folks who went yesterday. It was a good afternoon.

Tonya said...

Hi Katie!

Just wanted to stop by your blog and say hello. It was so nice to meet you yesterday. I can only imagine how freezing you were without a jacket! I was bundled and still freezing and my toes didn't thaw out until about 11pm last night! Take care and congrats on such a great report from the doctor today! Keep in touch!

Blessings,
Tonya