Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lately..in words...

I seem to be out of the blogging mindset lately. But, I have been reading all my daily blogs...Randy likes to make fun of me for this, but he has a secret too--he has daily gun blogs that he reads- fascinating I know. So, lately...

I had fall break last weekend (with Friday/Monday off)...we headed up to Cashiers, NC to my parents cabin/condo where we met my brother, Pey/Ian/Eve, and Laurin for a fun weekend! We spent Friday and Saturday nights there--Rody and Eve played so well together and I got to have a lot of girl time with my girlies...there was a "cookie-off" contest-I did not participate or enter a cookie because last week was rough and crazy for me, but I did vote...and it was hilrious...I won't go into too much detail, but Ian, the dark horse, came away with 2 more points than everyone else's cookies and won...I'll be sure to enter my molasses cookies next year!

Rody developed some sort of rash all over his body (legs and chest) on Monday night--very strange--we took him to doctor on Wednesday and he is having some sort of allergic reaction to something or it is viral...so, benedryl at night and something else during the day (zytack?? something like that)...it seems to itch him at times and he looks down at his rash and says "ouchie" a lot, but he is so sweet about it...

We are headed to Athens tonight to stay at my parents house--Randy is playing in the annual AIA golf tournament at the Georgia Club on friday--it is a fundraiser for UGA's AIA (who he intershipped for)--this is his 3rd year playing I believe...so, Rody and I will kick it with my mom on Friday--I plan to bring all our coupons and our new coupon organizing system and spend some time getting organized--only my mom doesn't know that I am going to ask for her help--either in organizing or watching Rody and I'm pretty sure I know what she'll choose!

We are crusing through October. Rody says new words everyday--like "orange juice"...which is strange because we rarely have it and he NEVER drinks it...he is a water and milk only drinker. The only time we give him juice is apple juice with his chick-fil-a kids meals, but other than that, nothing. So, I don't know how he knows what orange juice is!!! He loves fire trucks now--and says "ire truck"...but, he calls any moving vehicle a "ire truck", but we're working on it!

That's all for now!!!

No comments: