Thursday, October 8, 2009

18 month stats

Randy took Rody to his 18 month well check yesterday. Rody was quite the charmer, starting with the little girls he was saying "hi" to in the waiting area. Then, his charm moved to all the nurses as he walked back to the next waiting room....Then, when Dr. Crabtree walked in, Rody said "doctor" which totally charmed Dr. Crabtree (who is wonderful, by the way!).

Weight: 27 lbs 8 oz (60%)
Height: 32 1/2 inches (60%)

He has been battling some on and off sniffles/running noses this month. Dr. checked his ears and he has infections in BOTH ears (but it didn't seem to really be bothing him until the night before this appointment when he and I only got about 4 hours sleep...), so he put him on an antibiotic and hopefully that will clear it up. Overall, he is a very healthy, vibrant little boy who loves to eat fruits and vegetables!!! Also, he is a HUGE fan of hummus...which is great. He and I usually have some sort of hummus snack when I get home and when he gets up from his nap. I am attempting to make my own hummus this week so we don't have to keep buying it at $3.50 a carton.
He is saying new words everyday...he says "I love you" and "Go dawgs" right now--his only real 2-3 word phrases. He is learning elbow, shoulder, and knee when he is getting a bath and can say and point to all of them. I am working on colors...he's got blue and yellow down, but not red or green yet. He LOVES lawnmowers...he will sit and watch someone cutting the grass for literally 20 minutes and NOT move a muscle...he has his own play lawnmower too that we take outside on a daily basis. He loves to throw "icky" away for me (trash) and also seems to like to clean things. Folding clean clothes is like a 20 minute treat for him---he picks up the laundry, throws it, picks it up, throws it...great entertainment for around 20 minutes...

I go to my 22 week 5 day appointment this afternoon. I can tell you that this baby girl is so active. I think more active than Rody was at this point. She keeps me up at night. I love feeling the movement though--Randy even got to see a kick when my belly shot up like a rocket the other night...so fun! I can't wait to meet this little one!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Baby's movement is amazing and such a miracle. I always loved that with my babies too. Let me know how the hummus making goes because I would love to get into making that on a regular basis too. It's easy but I never do it so please share your recipe. Rody is growing up and a big boy! Time flies.

V-n-J said...

yay for a healthy baby! Dr. Crabtree is awesome! and you get to see our fave doc today ... how cool. I miss feeling Ria move. Its such a wonderful feeling. Keep growing another healthy baby.