Friday, August 15, 2008

Olympic Men's Shotput...Go USA!

Okay, so I've blogged about my former training partners Reese and Adam attending the Olympics....and I wanted to update you on their progress!

They had the qualification round Friday morning Beijing time (so last night for us) and the final is held at 9pm Beijing time (9am our time) today! They will be showing the shot put final on TV TONIGHT (FRIDAY) ON NBC SOMEWHERE BETWEEN 8-10PM.

Reese is the 2007 World Champion and did well in the qualifying round. All 3 Americans made it to the final round...I am SO EXCITED to see how the competition goes. All 3 of these men are incredible competitors and we have a big chance to sweep the medals in men's shot put!

Here is a link to the schedule/results http://www.nbcolympics.com/trackandfield/resultsandschedules/rsc=ATM051100/index.html


Go REESE Go! Go ADAM! Go CHRISTIAN!

My college coach, Coach Don Babbitt, is also at the Olympics coaching Reese through these finals....I know his presence there is a huge encouragement for Reese!

1 comment:

Randomly Royce said...

I saw him on the news last night they talked about how he got adopted. I thought of you!