Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Back to work with breastpump in hand!

Today is my last day at home with Rody. I got back to work tomorrow and begin another school year. I've really been praying for peace in this circumstance and the Lord has answered our prayers as far as care for Rody goes.
His daddy gets to stay home and care for him! We both would prefer that I be the one to stay home, but this year it will be daddy who stays home---which is wonderfu! So glad Rody does not have to go to daycare!
Randy is going to work a night job for a while until he finds something in ministry that will allow me to stay home with baby!
I'm sad today- just being honest. Part of me is excited to go back to work- but that is like only 10% of me and the other 90% really just wants to be a mom- you know, stay home and take care of Rody, do the laundry, clean the house, make the beds, go for walks, etc...I pray that one day the Lord will make this desire a reality.

So I called Medela yesterday b/c my breastpump was not functioning properly. I talked to costumer service and we went through a procedure to "clean" it out. She told me the pump I have ( I borrowed my sister's pump) is not meant for DAILY use, but OCCASSIONAL only...well, sister, homegirl doesn't have $300 to shell out for a breastpump, so this one will have to do. I will just pray that it will last and do very fine on a daily basis....

Anyways, baby is up and I am going to feed him. I love him so much. I love being a mommy! It is just the most wonderful thing that could have ever happened to me. I love that Randy and I are parents together and love eachother so much...Rody is so fortunate for that...

Enjoying my day....

-katie

3 comments:

The Watsons said...

I used the Evenflo automatic breast pump, and I really liked it. It only cost about $50 at Target, and it is really compact. It can plug into an outlet or run on batteries. Maybe you could get something like that to just leave at work and use the other one at home.

Here's the link for the single pump, but I had the double one. It's just not on the website:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/ref=sc_qi_detail/602-8759330-0012647?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=&asin=B00007DWDZ

Maybe that will help.

It's so good that Rody can stay home with his daddy. Even if it's not the ideal situation for you, there are many other parents who have no choice but to both work and use daycare. I can't imagine how heart-breaking that must be. Y'all are going to do great, and Rody will be such a happy baby because he gets to stay in his own home every day.

Oh, and the one who is gone during the day always gets the most love when he/she comes home in the evening. That's a plus!!

V-n-J said...

hey katie - hope your first day back is great! we did the exact same thing you guys are doing and it wasnt too bad. the main thing was for Javan to be with one of us and thats important. you know it makes it less stressful knowing that Rody is in great hands:) I think we mothers put more stress on ourselves than we really need to. thinking of ya!

morgan collins said...

hope everything's going ok with school! and I hope that pump holds out:)