Thursday, March 24, 2011

camping

Last Friday night we loaded up the jeep, the trailer and the children and set out for a family camping night out...

The weather was warm, it was a full moon and the children were excited!

We had an eventful time--it seems as though everyone else also wanted to camp that night. The free sites we were thinking of were all taken, so plan B...we stopped along the Hiawassee River to eat our hot dogs and smores before it got too late... Rody loved throwing rocks





Anna Kate chilled in her pack-n-play
And Randy started the grill
We did eventually find another free site up on Chilhowee Mountain. I tried not to think about the fact that a little boy was killed and a mother attacked by a bear up on Chilhowee about 3 years ago....I guess that is why I love going camping with my husband...needless to say, we definitely had the means to protect ourselves...ha ha
Anna Kate seemed to like it! but she did NOT like the family style sleeping---uck...I was up most of the night with her or she was sleeping snuggling on me...
Loved that we had this one with us too!

And Randy's friend, Aaron, literally "hang" out with us too...
Do you see Rody snuggled in that corner? He actually slept really well! We had to wake him at 8:30...

I did lots of laundry on Saturday and we recovered from no sleep...but it was SO much fun...will definitely do it again...once Anna Kate turns two!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Come to the prairie and you can sleep in the camper with me! I need a roof over my head. Great family fun. Miss you lots.
Katie