Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Honor

My dad was chosen to receive the Bronko Nagurski Legends award this year. This award is given to the top defensive player of the year in college football. A few years ago, they started giving an equivalent "legends" award to one player in the last 40 years. My dad is the recipient this year. This is a big deal and I am very proud of my dad. I know he wants God to have all the glory in this, but I wanted to honor him and his life and his service to the Lord here on my little blog on the "world wide web"...
He will be receiving it at an awards dinner/banquet in December in Charlotte. I really hope to be able to go and experience this too...
Here is a picture of dad playing college football... #77...
And here are dad and mom during the halftime of a Notre Dame game this year honoring my dad for receiving this prestigious award



Congratulations, dad! And mom, get ready for your tribute when you compete at the Word Ice Skating Championships!

2 comments:

Katie said...

What a fabulous honor and tribute to your dad! Mike is such a role model that he gives the glory to God and has such a powerful message. Thanks for sharing and Congrats!

V-n-J said...

katie - that is so awesome. you have such an awesome family and i know you are so proud of your dad. congrats to him! hope you are able to make it out to the awards ceremony.