Tuesday, January 29, 2008

33 weeks and "nesting"


We were in Greenville, SC this past weekend for a baby shower. It was a great time! My mom actually got to drive up from Jefferson, so it was really good to have her there as well. We were really overwhlemed with all of the wonderful gifts that friends and family graciously gave to us. The Lord is so good! He is providing everything we need and so much more.

The last two nights (Monday and Tuesday) we've spent trying to get the baby room together. Randy painted the room and cleaned the carpets on Monday night. He then cleaned the rest of the carpets in the apartment today! He also put the crib together last night--was up until 3 or 4 AM working on thing...what a wonderful husband! Needless to say, we are making progress, but we still have a lot of organizing and upacking of baby items to go!



Here is the baby room as of now. We painted antique white since we don't know if we will be in this apartment for long--and then we won't have to paint it again when we move. It is sort of the guest room/baby room!













I'm looking pretty rough in this picture. I just got home from work and only got 4 hours sleep last night, so bear with me! I am standing next to the crib filled with gifts from the shower!


















This is our salvation army steal! We got this for $100--it is a solid piece of furniture and we are using it for the baby's stuff right now. Randy and I sanded it down in October and painted it black...I love it!

















My hard working husband cleaning the carpets! Thanks Rug Doctor!




















The shower in South Carolina- My mom, me, and Randy's mom on the right.

1 comment:

Katie said...

You look awesome Katie! It is fun to see you nesting and getting all ready. You are on the home stretch. Baby Elissa and I are going to have come on down to TN with our jog stroller and ankle weights so you and I can fulfill the dream of power walking with ankle weights push our babies in jog strollers. I can't wait. God is good.