Monday, October 15, 2007

Fall Break

Well, Randy and I just got back from 4 days of fall break. Yes, I still get to enjoy such things since I am a teacher. We met up with my sister Molly and her 3 kids and my mom at my parent's mountain place in Cashiers, NC. We had a blast! The weather was great, we hiked everyday, and we just enjoyed each other's company. A funny thing: my nephew, Karson, I always have something funny to say about him (or profound...). We were asking him if he wanted to be a football player (you know, as in play football), and he thought and said "nah, mom, I want to be a Christian". We all giggled a little inside. Molly said that was great, but that we are supposed to be a Christian no matter what we do--we can be a Christian and do other things. Karson pondered and said " that is very interesting..." (as he is sucking a sucker sitting on Uncle Randy's lap). So, Molly asked him, since he can be a Christian AND something else, what he would like to do. He nonchalantly said "play basketball". So, there you have it, folks! Wisdom from a 5 year old.

I want it to be my passion to not only be a Christian in faith, but in word and deed in my life as well. I want that fact to permeate everything I do. I am definitely working on this--and marriage definitely helps (props to all you married people out there!), but nonetheless, it is my desire.

I will post some pics just as soon as I get around to it.

Loving Jesus!

Randy and Katie (and baby Barnett)b

No comments: